Heritage Farm Ice Cream & Restaurant was established in 1976. Prior to that, it was operated by John Glennie and his wife Olive from 1936 to 1974 as Glennies Ice Cream. When the Glennie family sold, it was eventually purchased by the Howard Family of Waltham, MA., who were also operating Dean Dairy Ice Cream from 1964 to 2005. Upon taking ownership of the Lowell store the name “Glennies” was changed to “Heritage Farm Ice Cream” to coincide with the building of the new Heritage State Park, along the Merrimack River, in 1974. In 1986 we added on to the old take out place and turned it into a restaurant and ice cream stand with a dining room to accommodate 46 seats. Another addition was put on in 2008 and 40 more seats were added to the new fireside dining room, which allowed more space for catered events and family parties.
Heritage Farm Ice Cream & Restaurant has been very involved in the community with many non-profit organizations throughout the greater Lowell area. Feel free to contact us on how we can help your organization with fundraising. We pride ourselves in helping maintain the integrity of our neighborhood and the greater community.