There’s nothing quite like live music, is there? The exciting sounds of people coming together for one shared purpose, to enjoy passionate, creative, knee-shakin’ tunes. All across the Merrimack Valley, especially in Lowell, Massachusetts, you can find live events, festivals, and music superstar concerts.
Continue reading to see what acts are coming to the Merrimack Valley area this summer and how you can attend.
The Lowell Summer Music Series
About The Summer Music Series
The Lowell Summer Music Series enters its 32nd year this summer. The music series isn’t just a great way to spend your summer evenings, it’s also a fantastic celebration of Lowell, MA itself presented by the Lowell Festival Foundation.
The music series features national recording artists performing their biggest hits at Boarding House Park within the beautiful Lowell National Historical Park near the historic textile mill. The outdoor setting is also perfect for those looking to explore downtown Lowell before or after the show. There are various cafes, bars, restaurants, and shops within walking distance of the stage.
The Lowell Summer Music Series invites artists from around the world to bring their unique sounds and culture to the stage. Below, you will find the lineup of upcoming shows.
- 6/18 – The Mavericks: En Espanol World Tour
- 6/24 – Gaelic Storm
- 7/8 – Max Weinberg’s Jukebox
- 7/15 – Average White Band
- 7/16 – Béla Fleck – My Bluegrass Heart
- 7/22 – The High Kings
- 8/4 – An Evening with Graham Nash
- 8/5 – Classic Albums Live: Fleetwood Mac’s Rumors
- 8/12 – KALEO Fight or Flight Tour
- 8/13 – New England Film Orchestra
- 8/20 – Madeleine Peyroux
- 8/26 – Amos Lee
- 8/27 – Aoife O’Donovan & Hiss Golden Messenger
- 8/28 – Indigo Girls
- 9/1 – Twiddle
- 9/3 – Sugar Ray and The Bluetones / Duke Robillard
Guests are invited to bring lawn chairs and blankets to watch the shows from lawn seating. Premium seating is also available closer to the stage. All shows start at 7:30 pm unless otherwise noted.
Free Fun For Kids
Free Fun For Kids is back this year for the Lowell Summer Music Series. This free kid-friendly concert series is a great way to spend a few days of your summer vacation. The shows happen on Wednesday and Thursday mornings from July through August. The typical show and activities schedule is as follows:
- 10 AM • Free Arts & Crafts by Lowell National Historical Park
- 10 AM • Free Children’s Books from Project LEARN
- 10 AM • Free Healthy Snacks from our natural foods sponsors
- 11 AM • Free Stage Performance
- 11 AM • Free Lunches (age 2-18) by Lowell Public Schools
The upcoming acts (at this time) are:
- 7/13 – Bryson Lang: juggling and comedy
- 7/14 – Curious Creatures: interactive live animal show
- 7/20 – Jenny The Juggler: juggling, magic, comedy, and more.
- 7/21 – Ben Rudnick & Friends: family-friendly acoustic music
- 8/3 – Henry The Juggler: juggling and comedy
- 8/10 – Hot Tamale Brass Band: family-friendly New Orleans jazz music
- 8/11 – Animal Craze: baby animal farm
- 8/17 – Dinoman: combination magic show and educational program
- 8/18 – Bonaparte: magic concert
Tickets & Season Passes
Be sure to visit the Lowell Summer Music Series website to learn more about each live performance and to purchase your tickets. The website also offers a season pass if you’d like to attend all or most live events.
Upcoming Summer Events At The Lowell Memorial Auditorium
The Lowell Memorial Auditorium on 50 East Merrimack Street in Lowell presents its own share of incredible live performances. The auditorium is near many restaurants and places to stay overnight. If you wish to purchase tickets, please visit the Lowell Memorial Auditorium website.
Below, you’ll find a few of their upcoming shows this summer.
Neha Kakkar Live in Concert
Date: Lowell Memorial Auditorium
Time: 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Neha Kakkar from season 2 of Indian Idol comes to Lowell, MA. The singer’s popular dance and party music have made the artist one of the most viewed female artists on YouTube. In fact, she has gained over 4.2 billion views worldwide!
Happy Together Tour
Date: Sunday, June 12, 2022
Time: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
After almost 2 years of delays, the Happy Together Tour finally comes to the Lowell Memorial Auditorium. The tour brings together talented artists and bands to perform all your favorite hits from the 60s and 70s. The show is headlined by The Turtles and features many other incredible performers. All tickets sold for the original show date will be honored at this event.
The Righteous Brothers
Date: Sunday, June 19, 2022
Time: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
The musical duo, The Righteous Brothers, comes to the Lowell Memorial Auditorium this June. The duo brings their unique blend of pop and soul to the stage. They’ll be performing their hit songs, “Lovin’ Feelin’,” “Soul & Inspiration”, “Unchained Melody,” and many more.
Menopause the Musical
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2022
Time: 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
This musical blends comedy and music into one hilarious musical parody. Over 17 million women and fans have adored this show worldwide for over 20 years. And all the songs are set to your favorite classic tunes from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. You might just have to cheer and dance in the aisles!
Lewis Black: Off The Rails
Date: Friday, September 16, 2022
Time: 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
As summer comes to a close, why not get a few more laughs in? The world-famous comedian, Lewis Black comes to the Lowell Memorial Auditorium this September. Come watch as the “king of a rant” delivers his well-known style of comedic yellow, finger-pointing, and sharp observation to point out life’s most absurd moments.