#AdventuresAwait attraction of the week:
Farm Day and Pie Eating Contest
When: Saturday, September 7, 2019
What: A fun day of farm tours, activities and visits with 4H’ers and their animals. 4H, the nation’s largest youth development organization, is a program of the Cooperative Extension system of land-grant universities. 4H introduces agriculture to a new generation in whose hands lies the future of farming in Concord and communities across the country!
• Food served a la carte
• Music by Boston Road Bluegrass
• Lil’ Folk Farm – Petting Farm
• Hay rides & Giddy Up Pony rides – there is a small fee for these
Special farm activities
• Visits with 4H’ers & their animals
• Picking selected vegetables in the field
• Display of farm equiment
• Corn Husking Contest. Take home the ears you husk – everyone’s a winner!
Apple Pie Contest
Single crust, double crust, lattice or crumb topping. Macs, heirlooms or a mix. Apple Pie is a classic American dessert with many variations and judges love to see (and taste!) them all, so bake your favorite and see how it measures up! Dip into your ‘recipe box’ and enter your favorite. Winner takes home a prize and bragging rites!
• 11 am – 1 pm – bring your best apple pie (name, cell & recipe attached)
• 1:00 pm – judging & winner announced