Molyna S. Richards
The Lexington Chamber of Commerce
1875 Massachusetts Avenue
Lexington, MA 02420
Public Meeting Regarding Lexington Center Trial Traffic Safety Plan
Massachusetts Avenue at Edison Way
Massachusetts Avenue at Waltham Street
Harrington Road – Between Bedford Street and Massachusetts Avenue
Thursday, April 7, 2016, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Diamond Middle School Auditorium, 99 Hancock Street
Help implement the traffic safety plan for Lexington Center.
For the past four years, the Board of Selectmen and engineering staff have been preparing plans
for a variety of safety and other improvements for Lexington Center/Massachusetts Avenue,
from Woburn Street to Harrington Road. The Selectmen now need your input to finalize one
aspect of these plans.
As part of this project, the Selectmen have asked the Department of Public Works to implement
three trial traffic changes and evaluate these changes prior to making a final determination of the
traffic plan. This trial program is expected to take place from July through October 2016. These
• Eliminate the west bound right turn lane leading to Edison Way, in front of the Boston
• Eliminate the east bound right turn lane leading to Waltham Street, in front of
Rancatore’s Ice Cream; and
• Turn Harrington Road into one-way south bound, from Bedford Street to Massachusetts
Avenue. Consider a full closure of Harrington Road after evaluating the one-way
This public meeting will be on Thursday, April 7 from 7-8:30 p.m., in the Diamond Middle
School Auditorium. The preliminary implementation plan for this trial program will be
presented. Your suggestions and comments will help us finalize this trial program.
You can also participate in this implementation plan in other ways:
• Go to the Town’s website to learn more details regarding the project
• Use this email address, firstname.lastname@example.org to send your suggestions. Written
comments will be accepted until April 28.
• Attend a Board of Selectmen meeting and provide your comments during the Public
Comment period, which happens at the beginning of each Selectmen’s meeting.
Comments at Selectmen’s meetings will be accepted until May 2.
The Selectmen are expected to approve the final trial program plan at their meeting on May 9.