Spring Hours at Minute Man National Historical Park.

Share this post:

Minute Man National Historical Park News Release

Release date:            Immediate

Contact(s):                 Phil Lupsiewicz

Phone number:          978-318-7833

Date:                          February 22, 2016

Release code:           16-01


 Spring Hours at Minute Man National Historical Park.


Concord, MA.  Are you ready for spring? Ready to walk the Battle Road Trail?  Want to hear the  story of the British march to Concord in April 1775?   Minute Man National Historical Park announces its spring season beginning March 1, 2016.  Opening March 1st, North Bridge Visitor Center (174 Liberty St. Concord MA.) is located in a brick mansion built in 1911 by descendants of Major John Buttrick who was the colonial officer who first ordered the colonial  militia to fire upon British soldiers. The visitor center features a short eight-minute video, “Treason or Liberty?” about the North Bridge fight, a museum store, and exhibits.

Among the exhibits  is a brass cannon, dubbed “The Hancock” in celebration of its storied past. In 1775, this cannon, recently smuggled out of Boston, was one of four brass cannons hidden in Concord and its recovery was one of General Gage’s chief motives when he sent British troops to Concord on April 19, 1775. It is on display courtesy of the Bunker Hill Monument Association.  Hours are March 1 – 31st from 11am-3pm, Tuesday – Saturday.  April 1st – October 31st, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm daily.


Opening April 1,  Minute Man Visitor Center (250 North Great Road, Lincoln MA. – GPS mapping only) is located near the eastern entrance of the park. Here you can see “The Road To Revolution,” a multimedia theater program that provides an excellent introduction to the park story every half hour.  The program depicts Paul Revere’s Ride and the battles at Lexington Green, North Bridge and along the Battle Road. The visitor center exhibits include a forty-foot mural that portrays the fighting between Colonists and British Regulars. Park Rangers are on duty to answer questions.  Open April 1 through October 31, 9am-5pm daily.  The Road to Revolution is every half hour, beginning at 9:00 am – 4:30 pm (last show).


For more information on educational offerings, please call 978-318-7832 or visit our website at www.nps.gov/mima/forteachers/planafieldtrip.htm. For general park information, please call 978-396-6993 or visit our website at www.nps.gov/MIMA.




PHOTO:  The Old Guard performs outside the North Bridge Visitor Center.  Credit: NPS/PLupsiewicz

Recent Posts

More Posts in

Skip to content