Free admission on Friday nights will kick off on June 25
The popular Summer Friday Nights Free program at Discovery Museum will return beginning June 25. Visitors can enjoy the Museum with free admission from 4:30pm to 7:30pm every Friday night through September 3. Advanced reservations will be required to visit the campus.
“We’re thrilled to be able to bring back free Friday nights after a hiatus due to the pandemic last summer,” said Neil Gordon, Discovery Museum CEO. “Families have faced tremendous financial and social hardship over the past year, and we hope many will take advantage of this opportunity to again play with friends in a joyful setting, without concern for cost. We’re very grateful to our generous funders, including our Lead Sponsor, The TJX Companies, Inc., for making this possible.”
In addition to The TJX Companies’ underwriting of the entire summer series, local businesses have also stepped up to support the community through the program:
- June 25 Sorrento’s Brick Oven Pizzeria
- July 2 Sutherland Realty Group/Keller Williams Realty Boston NW
- July 9 Carlisle & Company
- July 16 Bamboo Fine Asian Cuisine & Sushi Bar
- July 23 WECO Hospitality
- July 30 MCO & Associates, Inc.
- August 6 Scheier, Katin and Epstein, P.C.
- August 13 Dunkin’/The Pesce Family
- August 20 The Silver Unicorn Bookstore
- August 27 McWalter Volunteer Insurance Agency
- September 3 Newbury Court
Though not required for admission, visitors are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food donation, to be distributed to the Acton Food Pantry and Open Table.
Discovery Museum continues to operate with COVID safety protocols in place, including requiring advance reservations to visit and requiring masks be worn indoors for all visitors ages two and up.
Summer Friday Nights Free is part of the Discovery Museum’s Open Door Connections program to provide opportunities for those who face a variety of barriers to experience the Museum.