South Common Historic District

Share this post:

A 22.5 acre South Common was purchased (along with the North Common) by the City from the Proprietors of Locks and Canals in 1845 at an auction where the company was divesting of much of its non-industrial land holdings to assist in funding construction of the Northern Canal.

Recent Posts

More Posts

Skip to content